New vacant posts within HDC Travel
Junior Web Developer
Benefits: 4 weeks holidays + Bank Holidays, Pension scheme
Hours: Full Time
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
This is an excellent opportunity to join our in-house team and to assist with various exciting web projects. We are an online marketing business and due to our continued business growth we are now recruiting a junior web developer to join our team in Newcastle.
We are looking for a candidate who is eager to develop their career in a fast growing business.
This is an opportunity to join our in-house team and to assist with various exciting web projects.
- Support the company's existing external and internal web platforms
- Use knowledge of relevant technologies to design and develop dynamic web sites, web interfaces & forms throughout the business.
- Continually evaluate the web systems and make recommendations for changes to current systems to ensure that business strategy is delivered.
- Liaise with other departments’ teams to keep online information up to date and factually correct.
- Support the digital marketing team with administrative tasks in general day to day duties.
- Any other duty as required commensurate with the post.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, the ability to quickly learn, a passion for web development and a commercial mindset
- Programming (PHP)
- Databases (SQL)
- Responsive web design (Bootstrap)
- Graphic Design (Photoshop)
- Server Management (DNS, Apache/Webmin)
- Version Control Systems (Git)
The candidate should be able to both explain and demonstrate some of their personal projects/work via a portfolio/web links to showcase their own skills.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
To be considered for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Phil.Baker@holidaydiscountcentre.co.uk